Wednesday, April 27, 2011

CNY Race for the Cure

Anyone who knows me or has had to spend any length of time around me over the past few weeks has probably had to put up with me talking endlessly about the Race for Cure. This has always been one of my favorite races (despite the deathly boring course), and for the last few years I’ve been the captain of a team of gym families. It is so much fun for me to share my love of this event with all the kids at the gym. The last few years, our participation has grown and we’ve turned crossing the finish line on our hands into a tradition that everyone looks forward to.

CNY Gym Centre Team - 2010

















In the past, we’ve participated in the event because it was a good cause, a fun chance for
the gym families to get together outside of the gym and for some, because this disease had touched them more personally. This year, it has touched us all personally. I can’t wait for race day, for the craziness and busyness of organizing what will hopefully be close to 80 people and for ‘blocking’ while the kids walk across the finish line on their hands.

















However, in order to get there, I need your help. I’m begging you for your help.
Join my team, donate to me, to the team, to some other participant. I don’t care how you get involved, just get involved. It doesn’t even have to be a Komen event. Just do something. It’s amazing how good it feels to do something completely and totally selfless.

Here’s how you can help:

Choose either the Competitive Run or the 5k Fun Run/Walk

Any little bit helps — even a dollar (not to mention seeing a whole bunch of $1 donations would make me giggle and show me that people are out there, and they care)

Ok, getting off my soapbox now. I don't know why this cause became so dear to me 10 years ago, but this past year has shown me that that the work Komen does is truly important. This year to me personally. Thanks, you're all amazing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment