Tuesday, June 19, 2012

By the Numbers

I want to be better about blogging aside from just race reports. So, I am going to try to post my training numbers each week. I was debating about whether or not to start with last week. It was the first week since joining T2 that I didn't complete my week. That was hard for me to handle, but you have to take the good with the bad and I'm trying to remember that this late in the game it is more about quality (and staying healthy) than quantity.

I had to shorten my ride on Friday because of High School graduation and then I woke up sick on Saturday. I dragged my butt to Jamesville Beach for the Tri Club's 1.2 mile open water swim (there was no way I was missing the chance to practice the distance) and tried to head out for a 4 hour bike ride. I quickly realized Kelly was right and forcing myself to ride was a very bad idea. So with coach's approval I headed home to rest up. That permission is key for me. I'm always looking for a coaches approval. Some things never change and old habits die hard. After 18 years as a gymnast, I'm not sure that desire to please will ever go away.

So here it is: 
Swim: 3 hours, 2 min/9312 yds  
Bike: 2 hours, 20 min/41 mi  
Run: 4 hours 20 min/26.38 mi  
Strength: 2 hours
Total: 11 hours, 42 minutes

Yup, you know it's been a weird week when I managed to swim longer than bike :)

No comments:

Post a Comment