Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Space Between


So I’ve spent this week trying to figure out where I am in that space between what’s written on the log and what I’m able to do. It’s a fine line to walk. But I’ve been putting one foot in front of the other and sure enough, here it is the end of the week and I already feel a little different.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not expecting to be back in perfect form tomorrow or heading out for a 2-hour long run, but I feel confident that I will get there, eventually.

Today we did 10 x 1 minute hard, with 1 minute rest. The first four felt great. My foot started to hurt after that but I was able to finish them all and really only backed off on the last one. Progress! I didn’t feel like I was dying! I think getting back into boot camp and a consistent routine with running is the ticket. I need both the consistent running and the lifting to keep myself where I want to be in terms of both fitness and ability.

I was talking to Kevin today and he said he’s glad I was forced to take the time off, so I could learn my lesson and see what it’s like to go through a set back. I learned. And I think he’s right, I’ll be stronger for it in the end and I’ll remember how hard and frustrating it was, so I won’t do it again. Or, at least I’ll do my best when circumstances are under my control not to do it again.

So there are no magic formulas, except for the one I’m following. It’s working pretty darn well as long as I remember to take a hefty dose of patience with it. :)

I think I'm getting in the pool tomorrow. I've got about a week and a half until the swim class starts up and I've been warned I better be ready for a workout ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment