Sunday, June 19, 2011

A World of Difference

It’s amazing the difference a week can make. This time last week I couldn’t run for 15 minutes continuously and I felt like I’d never get back to my old self. But I put in my 15 or 20 minutes every single day, 6 days in a row, and sure enough today I ran for 48 minutes. So it’s not exactly like the long runs I was getting used to but at least I’m starting to feel like I’m going to get there sooner rather than later. I almost got emotional when my GPS said I'd gone over 5 miles. It might not seem like much, but for some reason getting over that hump was a big deal. Total for the day: 5.58 miles in 48:30.

I know that there are still going to be days that are hard and I’m nowhere near where I was at the Race for the Cure. But, I am starting to feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

So now that it’s officially the start of a new week on the log, I’m making the jump to 30 minutes a day. I’m still going to be on the 15-30 side of 30 minutes and I know there might be a day where I have to go less. But I’m going to do my best to hit 30 and hopefully by the end of next week I’ll be back on track. Just in time for the new running group to start. It’ll be perfect timing since we’ll all do three weeks of base runs before we get back into hills and speedwork. It might be sick but I can’t wait.

Plus, my sister and I made possibly the most amazing looking cake ever in the history of our cake baking. I'll post pics and the recipes tomorrow, so check back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment