Monday, April 20, 2009

There's a 1st time for everything....

Hey.....anyone out there?

I honestly never thought I would do this, but seeing as I love to write and express myself, I guess it's the next logical step.  Add to that this nifty little feature from Google that might just help me pay for grad school (x fingers crossed x).

I've got just two weeks left of undergrad to go; 1 final; 1 presentation; one dance performance left.  Then I graduate.  I've been thrilled about graduation for months now, particularly since I received my acceptance letter to Newhouse.  Today I got an email from one of my favorite people in the entire world, and she said she couldn't believe her little Lyssa was graduating - wow now that for some reason put things into perspective.  All these memories come rushing back, how just four short years ago she was telling me how great things were waiting for me in college, and that none of the drama of high school was worth worrying over.  Little did I know how right she was, or how different those great things were from the ones we were imagining just 4 years ago.

I guess I'm really supposed to start this thing by telling you about myself - but wow, where to start?  I'm the oldest of four kids, classic first born syndrome - perfectionist, always trying to please others, hard headed but deathly afraid of confrontation (it makes me nauseous).  So I apologize if I get all passive aggressive here when something is bothering me.  Somewhere deep in my head I know it's wrong but I often feel the need to talk out what's bothering me, and most of the time I know that no one really cares to listen - so I'll spill here.  I want to work for the Today Show one day, as a producer, behind the scenes, and I'm hoping that Newhouse is the next step on my way.  So here's to hoping this blog thing might be part of the path to getting me there - I mean, you never know right?

~*~Lyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment