Sunday, July 10, 2011

A (Wo)man With a Plan

So finally, after way too many weeks of playing at this triathlon training stuff, I bit the bullet and found a coach. We met last Tuesday, put together a plan and having completed the first week I can honestly say I have no idea why I ever waited so long. Totally worth the $30.

So here’s the plan…
Monday: 30-45 minute run, 60 minute bike
Tuesday: Boot Camp, 30 minute run, 60 minute swim
Wednesday: CNY Tri Club (600 meter swim, 10 mile bike, 30 minute run)
Thursday: Boot Camp, Speed Work
Friday: 45-60 minute swim, 60 minute bike (with speed intervals)
Saturday: 18.6 mile bike, 30-40 minute brick run
Sunday: Progressive Long Run (60-75 minutes)

Tired just looking at it? LOL I am! But no, in all honesty it’s great, I feel great and I am really looking forward to putting it to the test at the IronGirl. I did skip Thursday Boot Camp this week since a few people have been hounding me about the intensity of the middle of my week and I was tired. I’m hoping that won’t be a permanent change. I just need to get used to settling down faster on Wednesday night. Doing the whole tri leaves me too wired to sleep. But it’s important to me to get there so I’m going to work on it.

Anyway, I’m starting off this week on a high note: had a great 60 minute run bright and early this morning before my mom and I heading north to Old Forge for some kayaking. I definitely got my arm workout in for the day! I’m good tired and excited to hit the ground running for another strong week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment